Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Change For a Dollar

Wow…I’m back again digi people…..My first blog I wrote on this subject was deleted….so excuse the mess if there is any…Hip hop is in bad shape right now….We have a lot of autotuned….tight skirt wearing rappers out right now…shyt is funny to me…I don’t want to hear anything about “times have changed”….times have not changed the talent has…Let’s be honest folks…The hip hop anchor is slowly rising…and when that happens…the ship is out to sail to another country…shyt…there are a few rappers out there holding it down…Jada …Hov…(but he is a few years short from tax free 401K deductions)….don’t get me wrong…he will drop a gem every now and then…but poster boy of hip hop can’t be 40…sorry…Hov had his time..and did the most with it….but father time is ticking TICK TOCK…it’s over Hov..we love you…but it’s over…Kanye when he is not autotuned out helps keep hip hop “fresh”…. but there is one dude…that just is the essence of what hip hop was built on…ignorant shyt….”uck you mentality…that person is 50 cent….I know there is a love hate relationship with this guy…but he is hip hop….black…street smart…hood…and rich….Let’s not get it twisted hip hop rose to prominence being the “bad guy”…now hip hop is turning into str8 leg jeans and dance moves…with autotune to add insult to injury…Exhibit A…..

First off…do you see this Gucci suit he is wearing…???…Shyt speaks hood rich…lol…I mean who has the balls to wear that in front of a camera…and the first line is “This is for the bitches”….hey….hip hop used to be raw and uncut…now it is Eurocut jeans and mascara…I mean really….let’s get away from the dwebs and geeks…let’s get back to the pimps and hoes…I know that may sound ignorant…but you have to understand…hip hop was born out of that atmosphere….it showed a different side of America…it showed the poverty/drug stricken neighborhoods in a main stream way…That is important for the culture of hip hop….I don’t know who a lot of these rappers out now represent…may Barney and Friends….We have a lot of “Stans” out here now…shouts out to Cam’ron (his swag is at 100)…..I guess I am just a little upset…because I grew up on Biggie…Pac…young Hov…Nas…Helter Skelter…just to name a few…now we have plastic rappers trying to look cute and figure out good dance moves and autotune octaves…it is sad…Let’s save hip hop people and support the real ish…Let the plastic melt and the metal rise to the service….check out new breed Nickelus F

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/id.7983/title.nickelus-f-mean-it

Support the real ish…not the dance choreographers…let’s not be Zombies…

Chilly Willy out…

No comments:

Post a Comment